Roku Won’t Connect To The Internet
Suppose, you decide to binge watch on a fine Sunday afternoon and your Roku doesn’t work. Annoying, isn’t it? Well, many users report that their Roku won’t connect to the internet. There can be multiple reasons behind this problem. But, every problem has a solution, so let’s dive into this blog and know the reasons behind this issue and how to resolve it with minimal steps.
Reasons – Roku Won’t Connect To Internet
Roku connection problems are very frustrating because it hinders the media playback and affects the device’s performance. These issues are mostly caused because of the following reasons;
- Bad WiFi signals hinder the media playback and device performance.
- If there is power fluctuation or the router is not receiving power then the connection is halted.
- In case most of the network bandwidth is consumed by other wifi-compatible devices such as computers or online video games.
- A faulty or damaged ethernet cord obstructs the internet connection.
- Some sort of technical fault in the Roku device itself.
Steps To Connect Roku To The Internet –
In case the connection tool or tests don’t help in connecting the Roku back to internet then here’s what you need to do;
- Step 1: On your Roku TVs home screen, hit the Left button on your remote to go to the side menu.
- Step 2: Move down to the Settings option.
- Step 3: Click the right button to open the settings option.
- Step 4: Hit the right button again to go to the Network option.
- Step 5: To focus on the Network page, press the right button once again.
- Step 6: Move down to the Set up connection tab.
- Step 7: Then, click on the Wireless option and hit the Ok button.
- Step 8: Now, the system will detect the nearby networks.
- Step 9: You will see a list of available wifi networks.
- Step 10: Search for your wifi network in the displayed list and then hit the Ok button.
- Step 11: Type the password for your wifi network and then move down to the Connect button and hit the Ok button.
- Step 12: After entering the correct password, the system will connect.
- Step 13: You will come across the important details on the About page after a successful connection.
- Step 14: Try some other troubleshooting tips mentioned below to connect your roku to the internet;
- Perform a power cycle function with your router and modem.
- Try relocating your Roku device closer to the wifi router.
- Look for any problems in your wifi router and modem and resolve them.
- Reset your device or wifi router if the above-mentioned helps don’t help.
- If nothing helps, contact your roku support.
Now you will not complain that my Roku won’t connect to the internet, because we have solved your problem with a few steps. It is very easy to follow the above-mentioned steps. Even if you are not a tech expert you can perform these steps. Drop a text on our chatbox to get in touch with our tech support team and seek help. Tada!